My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Sunday, November 01, 2009

A Season of Thanksgiving: Intro & The Five Senses

November has arrived and has peaked my appreciation meter. I’ve found that counting my blessings brings healing. It also brings a better perspective on life and points my thoughts toward those things that are good, lovely and worthy of thinking of. In light of that, I will be posting several blog entries about random things I’m grateful for during the month of November. It won’t be an all encompassing list as I think it would be impossible to mention every single blessing in my life. Instead, it will be those blessings that are at the forefront of my mind for whatever reason. I hope you’ll take some time this month to count your blessings as well. Let's get started!

The Five Senses

I’m so thankful to have the ability to experience all five senses: seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling. Have you ever stopped to think about those things? They make life so much more enjoyable. I’m thankful I can see brilliant sunrises and sunsets. I’m thankful I can hear my loved ones voices and a variety of music. I’m thankful I can smell homemade bread baking, scented candles burning, and fresh flowers in bloom. I’m thankful I can taste the downright goodness of anything sweet . Yes, I’m guilty of having a sweet tooth. I also love the taste of different spices mingled together to create a flavorful dish that ends up bursting in my mouth. I’m thankful I can feel the softness of baby’s skin and a hug from someone I love. These senses are all gifts…ones I don’t want to take for granted. In fact, I think I’ll go enjoy the tastiness of some homemade pizza right now and thank God for the ability to experience its flavor with every bite!

Jamie at 7:05 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment