My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Season of Thanksgiving: My Community



Tonight was small group night…and let me just tell you, I love these girls! They are terrific, and I’m so thankful for each one of them. I've discovered that real change happens best in the context of relationships which has made building community a passion of mine. For me, the important components of community are an environment of trust, support, and encouragement, the freedom to challenge each other, and the knowledge that no matter what, each one is loved and accepted. It's taken a long time for our small group to develop this kind of community but over time and with perseverance, we’ve been blessed to have all these things and much more. Each woman brings such a unique and wonderful contribution. I miss these girls when I don’t get my weekly dose of them. The above picture was taken during a retreat we took together last spring. Can’t wait for our next retreat! Thanks Amy J., Michelle Z., Christin, Michelle H., and Amy S. for doing life with me. It’s an honor and a privilege to be a part of each of your lives!

Jamie at 9:57 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment