My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Celebrating 60 Years of Marriage



This last weekend I had the joy of joining the Pontius family in Van Wert, OH to celebrate Don and Donna Pontius (Claire's grandparents) 60th wedding anniversary. WOW! 60 years! That's amazing. They said their vows again with all four of the family pastors officiating. The microphone was swinging back and forth quite a bit as you can imagine. Above is a picture of Claire at our picture taking post we developed...it's not quite the same as a studio...but it worked. That was part of our job on Saturday as we set up for the big day. Claire was making sure everyone that walked in the door got their picture taken for the scrap book. Somehow I magaged to sneak out of the mandatory pictures. I think Claire's a bit dumbfounded over that one. Out of the entire group of people that showed up, only two people refused to get their pictures taken...and one of them was me. Well, I didn't really refuse...we just ran out of time before the ceremony started, right Claire? However, I don't think the Pontius family will be hard pressed to find a picture of me.



Jamie at 4:41 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment