My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Celebrating the Big and Little things in Life

Do you ever have a circumstance in your life where you have to keep reminding yourself, “God is bigger than this”? Well, that’s been the case for our family as we’ve prayed fervently for Betsy, her and the baby’s health, and Gerson’s arrival to the U.S. It’s been quite the journey and we’ve seen God work out every detail along the way. While some things seem to continue to fit in the unknown category, we are so encouraged to see God’s hand in it all. After much prayer and anticipation we are celebrating that Gerson will be on U.S. soil with Betsy on Monday night. It’s so wonderful to know they’ll be together again and can face the unknowns of this pregnancy together. Thanks for your prayers.

Last weekend I went to the Group Life conference at Willow Creek near Chicago. It was a really good experience. I came away with a lot to chew on and be challenged by but was also affirmed in a lot of what our small group is already doing. Over all it was very encouraging, and I’m glad I went.

Speaking of small group, last week we had a fun week and carved pumpkins together. Christin carved a cat figure into her pumpkin and I stuck with a silly smiley face. I tried to bake the pumpkin seeds but ended up burning them. It smelled worse than burnt popcorn. I had the bright idea of dressing up too. Rather than coming up with a costume, everyone just brought their old bridesmaid dresses and we all tried them on and danced in our living room. We even did our dog pile…it’s tradition now to do at every wedding we all attend.

There are many things that make me smile. Yesterday I smiled because Andy called me and told me that my adorable nephew, Joshua, had just taken my picture off their fridge and started kissing it. Oh if that doesn’t do my heart good, I don’t know what will! I miss that little guy and am glad we’ll all be together for Christmas this year. Pretty soon I’ll have two more nephews to love on, and I’ll be in Aunt heaven. What has made you smile lately? I’d love to know!

Jamie at 1:37 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment