My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Friday, July 14, 2006

Paint or Plant?

Angie and I had quite a funny moment the other evening. I had driven by a hardware store on my way to work Wednesday morning and glanced at the sign on my way by. I read "All paint 50% off." I thought, WOW! What a great deal! Angie and I have been wanting to do some painting upstairs, so I emailed her about the great sale just down the road from us. She was excited as well and we decided to go check it out that night after work. Well, we went there and looked at the paint samples. We even picked out some great colors, but felt like it would be a good idea to go home and think about them before taking the plunge. We wanted to make sure everything really did match. So, I decided we needed to find out how long the sale would be going on. I sauntered up to the cash register lady and asked her, "How long is your paint sale going on?" She looked at me as if she'd never heard of the paint sale. So, I clarified, "The sign outside says all paint is 50% off. Well, she then said, just a minute and called another associate up to the front. As the other lady who supposedly had an answer for me was walking to the front, the cash register lady looked at me and said, "I think the sign says all PLANTS are 50% off." So, we looked out the window and sure enough...it said PLANTS not PAINT. So, Angie and I said thanks and walked away quickly from the register while we laughed hysterically at my silly mistake. I find it all quite funny seeing as how I used to work at a grocery store and I was always the one correcting people when they would say "The sign said this" when in reality they just read it wrong. It just goes to show you that we read what we want to see. I have absolutely no interest in buying a plant right now. I guess it was wishful seeing instead of thinking, eh? Two great things happened from this...I provided Angie with some much needed laughter and we got paint picked out for the kitchen, dining room, and my bedroom. We hope to tackle the project this fall and in the mean time watch for REAL PAINT SALES!

Jamie at 4:37 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at 5:07 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny story Jamie! I like your blog. The camping sounded like a great time - now you're ready to come live in the wilderness of Canada for a summer!! :)

 
at 11:47 PM Blogger The Roths said...

All I have to say is HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

 
at 4:55 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Jage, how I miss you!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment