My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blackbery Cobbler



A couple weekends ago I traveled to Southern, IL to see my Grandpa for his 82nd birthday. Both Dad and I were able to go and celebrate with him. I thought it was only appropriate to have some sort of birthday treat for Grandpa, so we went out the back door of his house straight to the blackberry bushes and started picking blackberries so I could make a cobbler for his birthday treat. I must say, the crust worked really well for me this time...it doesn't always. So, I was excited about that. Grandpa sent me home with enough blackberries to make four more cobblers with, a few ears of home grown sweet corn (nothing like it) and some tomatoes from his garden. What a happy girl I was. The berries are frozen now and ready for whenever I get a hankering for some cobbler.

Jamie at 7:46 AM

1comments

1 Comments

at 4:56 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Jage, my mouth is watering! You're right! Nothing like Grandpa's sweet corn! Also, could I come over next time you make the cobbler! Yummy!

 

Post a Comment