My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Preparing For the Big Trip



Claire and John had accomplished a lot before their last weekend in Bloomington in preperation for their trip to the DR. They still had a few last minute items to check off their list while I was there i.e. packing. They were debating on whether to take 5 bags or 4 taking into consideration the over weight fees and extra baggage fees. They finally determined 5 bags would be cheaper than taking 4 over weight bags. Well, if you want the rest of the story, visit their blog at www.johnandclaireroth.blogspot.com. It's worth checking it out, trust me.

I was able to help them with one very fun task...spending all their gift cards! Since they are both teachers, they have recieved quite a bit of gift cards from students in the last year or two. So, it was fun to do the shopping thing...although Claire would probably disagree on that note. I enjoy shopping non-the-less.

The plant that Claire and I are standing by in the above pictures is a plant I gave her many, many years ago. She named him Pete. He was just a little thing when I gave him to her and I'm amazed every time I see him how much he's grown! So, ofcourse, we had to take a picture by him.

Jamie at 4:54 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment