My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Painting....again

Today I painted the dining room. One wall is tomato red and the other walls are pumpkin orange. We're not very happy with the way the red went on so we're thinking about sponge/bag painting the pumpkin orange over the red and perhaps adding a chocolate brown to the mix. We'll see what happens. Perhaps I'll post a picture later.

I'm headed to a cookie making gathering tonight. It should be fun. I imagine I'll break my diet and have a little chocolate.

It's hard to believe next week is Thanksgiving! Time sure does fly...even if you're not having fun. More so though when you are having fun. I'm headed to Bloomington to be with the Pontius family...my home away from home. It will be weird without Claire and John this year. I imagine we'll catch them on skype.

In other news, I just learned this week that Peter is going to get to come home for Christmas before he heads to Afganistan in January. I'm absolutely thrilled about that!

Not much else going on here at the moment...at least that I can think of. So, until next time.

Jamie at 5:52 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 8:21 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orange and red? That sounds horrendously ugly! I think you'll need to post a picture so that I can see what it looks like...
-Claire

 

Post a Comment