My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Monday, November 09, 2009

A Season of Thanksgiving: Angie

Tonight I had dinner with my old roommate, Angie. And let me tell you, I’m so thankful for her! I can’t even begin to tell you how God has used her in my life. And to think we were perfect strangers when we moved in together. As often is the case, God certainly showed up and had a hand in that whole situation. Angie is one person who has taught me to be ok with the messiness of life…to embrace it and accept what is, is. She also has great insights and has spoken truth into my life many times. Tonight as I sat and listened to her tell a story of what God has been challenging her with and leading her to, I was refreshed by her obedience to God and God’s faithfulness in her obedience. We also have a similar sense of humor…and love to laugh together! God has used her to shape me into a better person. It’s the whole dynamic of relationships…even though sometimes they’re messy….it’s a beautiful thing. We need each other. Thanks, Ang, for your friendship and willingness to do life together. Love ya, girl!

Jamie at 9:13 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment