My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Saying Farewell


Saying farewell was a bit difficult since Claire and I have been best friends since first grade. It will be different being away from her for so long. However, now that we're both hooked up with blogs and now that technolodgy has come a long way since our parent's day, it will be a lot easier to keep in touch. Besides, I think a year will fly by so fast. Time seems to speed up the older I get. I'm exctied for Claire and John and all the new things they will encounter while they're on this adventure.

Brad and Gail are pictured above...they have invited me to come to Bloomington any time I want. They are practically my second parents and are great fun. I plan to make some trips down that way and hang out with them. It will be good for all of us, I'm sure.

Jamie at 5:04 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 3:12 PM Blogger The Roths said...

Saying goodbye sure does stink. To me, it seems like those pictures on your blog are from a different life. Right now, I'm sitting in my apartment in the DR with an upset stomach and no running water. There has been no water all day long - Not good!!
Looking at those pictures makes me realize how completely comfortable I was there. You don't realize how much you like life's little comforts until they're all gone.

 

Post a Comment