My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Season of Thanksgiving: Peter and Jayden


I just got off the phone with my brother, Peter, wishing him a happy Veterans Day. What a great man he is. I’m so thankful for him and his character. He's a man of integrity and that is a beautiful thing. I appreciate the sacrifices he makes as he serves our country. He just recently moved to Texas to go full time in the Army and will be deploying to Iraq sometime after the first of the year. He’s already spent one year in Afghanistan, so this whole deployment thing isn’t entirely new for him. I’m so thankful for God’s protection over him in that year and am praying for God’s continued protection as he goes on this new assignment. I’m thankful for all the veterans who have selflessly served our country over the years. We have so much freedom – but it has come a cost, and I don’t take that lightly nor for granted. Peter is also very generous and of course a great big brother when it comes to teasing his little sis. Andy and Pete are pros in that area. But I wouldn’t be near as feisty without them in my life, and I would be lacking in a lot of laughter. So, thanks Peter, for your integrity, your generosity, and yes, even your relentless teasing and tickling. Love ya, Bro!



Also, I would be amiss not to mention that today is also my nephew’s 1st birthday! Jayden was born 9 weeks early a year ago today and there were several times we were uncertain if he would be able to pull through some complications he had while in the NICU. I’m praising God for his precious life and am so thankful for his health and the joy he brings to all of us. Seriously, his smile is to die for! I’m also praising God that my sister, Betsy, is still here with us. We had quite a scare with her health as she was carrying Jayden due to preeclampsia. But God worked miracle upon miracle…and I’m so thankful!

Jamie at 9:55 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment