My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Birthday Fun and More Change...

So I’ve pretty much abandoned blogging of late. It seems I go in seasons with this. There’s been a ton going on…so forgive me for my tardiness in posting. I don’t know how many people are really interested in my ramblings anyway…for all I know I could be the only one that reads it…and that’s because I write it. :)



So, let me catch you up to speed. I celebrated my birthday in April and it was the most beautiful birthday I can ever remember. It was 80 degrees! It was a breezy, sunshiny day. I couldn’t have asked for anything better, really. I felt so loved by you, my friends and family…lots of cards, phone calls, and texts. My co-workers had decorated my desk with daisies and I had a bouquet of daffodils welcoming me when I arrived at work.


After work I visited Foster Park…one of my favorites in Fort Wayne…and took quite a few pictures of the blooming flowers. I’ve never seen so many flowers in bloom on my birthday…yet another gift.

I had dinner at Flat Top Grill with my small group – what a fun bunch of girls. Plus, Flat Top Grill was late in bringing out my dinner, so they gave me a $10 certificate plus a free dessert. Dinner was already free that night since receive their emails and they sent me a coupon for a free dinner during my birthday month. Talk about amazing customer service. Michelle H. made me a birthday dessert…pound cake w/ strawberries…two desserts in one night = delightful.

I celebrated my birthday during Easter weekend with my family. It was amazing to be with them over a holiday and so close to my birthday. We went to Ivonhose one night and Gerson had the balloon man make me a tiara to celebrate. I was slightly embarrassed but like a good sport I wore the balloon get up for my thoughtful brother-in-law. 
In other news, Christin decided she wanted to get in on the first-time buyer tax refund so she put an offer on a house and it was accepted! You know what that means…we’re moving! It’s about time since I’m on a 2-3 year rotation for moving. I don’t relish the idea of change and packing all my stuff up once again. However, I’m super excited to continue living with Christin and there are a lot of benefits to living in a house. Let’s see, there’s a garage, there’s a yard where I can garden, and there’s more space to list a few perks! Christin’s best friend from college, Sarah, is moving in with us since there are three bedrooms. So, it will be our own little bachelorette pad I suppose. I’m looking forward to getting to know our new neighbors. Closing is June 1st but we won’t be moving until sometime in July since we want to do some painting before we move all of our stuff in.
 
I’m also really excited about the new things God is doing in my heart and life. He’s been healing my heart and continues to do so. He’s also been teaching me, challenging me, and growing me. Life is full, and I’m so thankful for His guiding hand in everything.


I’m sure there’s much more I could write about…but this will have to do for now. I need to head to small group. So until next time, God bless you, friend!

Jamie at 6:29 PM

5comments

5 Comments

at 8:32 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blogs! So someone besides you reads your ramblings :). You have to send me your new address. I need Andy's too but I don't know when he is moving either. Keep up the blogs.

Aunti B

 
at 11:29 AM Anonymous Elissa said...

We read your blog too, Jamie! Did you know that you became my inspiration for moving with as little stress as possible when we helped you move into your last house? You had everything so organized and ready to go!
We'll be sending out our new address info soon - we just got a little busy buying a van and traveling to IL! :)

 
at 5:12 PM Blogger Gerson & Betsy said...

Well, here's a third person who reads your blog! :) I'm glad you updated. I check in about once a week to see if you've posted. When we go to Texas and don't see you as much, I'll need you to do more regular posts! Of course, I can't say too much since I haven't been too good at keeping my blog updated either. How's that for a sister's rambling??? :) Love ya, sis.

 
at 10:57 PM Blogger andy said...

Hey JJ,

I wonder the same thing...but you have 4 people wo read your blog!

Love you and look forward to seeing you Memorial Day weekend!

AJB

 
at 10:59 PM Blogger andy said...

JUST TO CLARIFY...I was not making comment to your "ramblings" but I wonder how many people read MY BLOG!!! LOL

AJB

 

Post a Comment