My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Season of Thanksgiving: My Parents


I’m so thankful for my parents...for their love, their wisdom, their prayers, their discipline, and their faith. They’ve seen me at my worst and at my best and have stuck with me through it all. I’ve found them to be full of wise council from their years of life experience. Their love for each other shows me it is possible for a couple to stay married and have a wonderful life together in our society. Both of them have called me on numerous occasions to share a scripture verse with me…one that is particularly meaningful for whatever situation I’m facing in life. I’ve not ever doubted God’s love for me and I think that is in large part because of my parents overwhelming demonstration of God’s love to me through their own loving actions and words. I appreciate that they know what to say, how much to say, and when to stop and let God do the rest of the work. I’m so thankful they desire to be a part of my life and yet have given me the freedom to spread my wings and fly. I’m thankful for the sacrifices they’ve made for me over the years. How do I express my gratitude? Saying thanks just doesn’t seem to be enough. Mom and Dad, I love you with all my heart and am grateful beyond words for both of you.

Jamie at 6:19 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment