My Not That Exciting but Perfectly Fine Life


"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” Frederick Keonig

Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Season of Thanksgiving: Claire


Whenever I spend time with my best friend, Claire, it’s like taking breath of fresh air. This weekend I visited her in Bloomington and celebrated her birthday over a delicious slow paced Mediterranean dinner. It was absolutely perfect. What a special friendship God has given us. We met in first grade and have been friends ever since. And our friendship just keeps getting deeper and better as time goes by. How do I sum up 21 years of our friendship? It’s rich. It’s an iron sharpens iron kind of relationship. It’s filled with laughter. It’s filled with fervent prayer for each other. It’s seen seasons of tears, and we’ve come out better for those seasons because of each other. It’s silly. It’s fun. It’s amazing. And I’m so thankful for Claire and her friendship. Love you, Claire!

Jamie at 9:58 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment